List:       koffice
Subject:    Display DPI affects printer output
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2006-08-18 11:56:14

I just discovered that the printer output is affected by the DPI settings
of the display. While experimenting with by X.Org settings, the display
DPI settings were all wrong at some point (180x90 DPI or something). The
result is that a sheet of A4 paper in KWord appears to be compressed in
the horizontal direction. Perfectly understandable. However, when I print
the A4 document, the characters on the printout also appear compressed in
the horizontal direction.

Somehow, this tells me that something is seriously wrong here. :)

Using KOffice 1.5.2 by the way.

Dik