List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: BUG: unable to save certain ODT files
From:       Sebastian Sauer <mail () dipe ! org>
Date:       2006-08-18 10:08:05

Hi none none :)

On Thursday 17 August 2006 16:49, none none wrote:
> I'm attempting to generate ODT files from an application I'm writing
> but kword (and openoffice2.0) seems to have trouble with them. I've
> validated them against the RNG schema and they check out ok so I'm not
> sure whats wrong.
>
> The attached odt file loads ok in kword 1.5.2/1.6 alpha but when I try
> to save it kword crashes. Also the tables are a bit broken ( small to
> begin with but if you click in a cell it increases in size). Printing
> the document is also broken as you can see in the attached pdf.
>
> FYI if I open up the ODT file in Open Office it's ok apart from the
> tables which have no formatting and are too small...
>
> Maybe I'm generating these ODT files slightly incorrectly? Still, If
> kword manages to open them it should be able to save them.
>
> If someone could take a look at this and help me out I'd appreciate it.

The crasher is fixed now in cvs and the fix will be part of the 1.6
beta1/final. A lot of thanks for the feedback + the testcase!

So, re the printing problem; this one is not reproducable for me with KWord
1.6 from cvs. The PDF-output looks just correct even if the font itself is
ugly what is a known problem and will be fixed with KWord 2.0 afaik.

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc