List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Tables in kword
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-06-23 10:14:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 22 June 2006 14:15, Marcus Jacobs wrote:
> I am thinking of using koffice instead of openoffice. I tried kword until I
> had to use a table. The usage seems very awkward, unless I overlooked
> something.  I wanted to have a table with lines around all cells. Choosing
> a template in the table assistant didn't make any difference. I then tried
> to change the settings afterwards but could only edit one cell at a time.
> This is not practical for larger tables. Is this the normal behaviour, have
> I done something wrong, and, if this is really so, will it change in the
> next version?

Tables are not KWord's forte... Thomas Zander is working hard on KWord 2.0,
and he intends to competely scrap the old table code and come up with
something good. But given that developing good table support could very well
be a multi-man-year project, no promises!

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi