List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Installing KOffice on Mac OS X with X11
From:       Pierre Thibault <pthibault33 () yahoo ! ca>
Date:       2006-05-27 13:27:00

Benjamin Reed a écrit :
> On 5/26/06, Pierre Thibault <pthibault33@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
>> I've downloaded the source of KOffice but I was unable to build with X11
>> on Mac OS X. Here is the error I have after I did './configure':
>> > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (library
>> > qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
>> > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
>> > Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!
>> My environment variable QTDIR is set properly and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is
>> ok too. Is it because the libraries have the suffix '.dylib' on Mac
>> while Linux uses '.so'?
>
> it shouldn't, koffice builds alright in fink...  config.log should
> give you a better idea o what went wrong though.  What does it say?
For me, nothing. This file is very long and the error that I saw is not
at the end of the file. Where can I get my error message? What I
remember is that I was having  undefined symbols for some library:

_vfprintf$LDBLStub
_fprintf$LDBLStub
_vsnprintf$LDBLStub
_sprintf$LDBLStub
_vsprintf$LDBLStub

I made a check and the symbols were not available in the library. I
don't remember what was the library name. How can I find it without
rebuilding?

The symbol that I have are all ending by 'LDBL128' not 'LDBLStub'. Some
symbols are there, ending with the suffix 'LDBL128' instead of
'LDBLStub', some are missing.

I was building koffice 1.5.1. Do you know if this version is stable?

I'm sorry to not being able to help you more than that.

>> Is anyone able to build KOffice on Mac with X11? I've tried with both
>> Fink and DarwinPorts and they both failed for me.
>
> I'm the maintainer of KOffice in fink, if you've got build problems
> I'd appreciate more details so I can fix them for everyone that uses
> it.  :)
Do you want the config.log?

--

A+