List:       koffice
Subject:    Saving formulas
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () kurly ! org>
Date:       2006-04-18 8:50:49

Hi.

First of all, I want to congratulate and thank all KOffice developers. The 1.5
release is great. :) It still needs a lot of love and time, but I like a lot
how is going.

I just have one problem: formulas. I need to write documents with lots of
formulas. I wanted to use KWord, because with KFormula is a lot easier to
type than with OO.org Math. But it seems that KFormula doesn't save yet to
the OpenDocument format.

This surprises me a lot, because the export to MathML works very well, and as
I understand it, formulas in ODF are basicly MathML wrapped with some glue in
the rest of the document.

I also tried to import the MathML to OOo, but it fails (it seems correct, so
it's very likely OOo's fault).

Any ideas about if this can be solved in any 1.5.x release?

Thanks a lot.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net