List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: gimp plugins
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-03-22 20:39:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 21:32, Sara Vasquez wrote:
> Hey:
> I am starting to use krita more and more , but there are somthings that I
> still miss from other application and I am wondering if there is anything
> like it for krita.
> Gimp has some nice plugins like the resynthesizer plugin here
> http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer
> or the texturized plug in
> http://www.manucornet.net/Informatique/Texturize.php
> is there a way of making gimp plugins on krita?

No, we've considered this from all angles, and it was in the original plans
for Krita, way back when it was still called Kimageshop, but it's really hard
to do. Especially since Gimp plugins won't work on anything but 8 bit
grayscale or rgba, and Krita supports more colorspaces. We've ported a couple
of plugins, and for 1.6 we plan a lot more. And I'm working on api
documentation so people outside the Krita core team can start writing
plugins.

> Also have you considere siox.

Yes, but haven't had the time to do anything about it. Likewise, I got the
source code to an old paint application that has a very nice foreground
selection method that would be nice to have, but I haven't had time to start
working on that.

> Just as a suggestion. I know that you are probably tired of hearing this ,
> but I am sure that many users wish they could help more.

No problem, it's always nice to hear suggestions & get cool links.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi