List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice doesn't read formulas correctly (testcase)
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2006-03-15 21:41:24

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 22.11, Raul Fernandes wrote:

> When saving, kspread saves the formula replacing the commas to dot (it is
> ok as openoffice.org uses dot),

This is as it should be.  The storage format should not be localized, even
though the GUI is.

> but when loading, it doesn't convert to
> commas again.  So, the result is:
>
> 36 (not 3,6)

This sounds like a showstopper to me.  We can't have a spreadsheet program
that can't read back its saved files, no matter what locale it's handling.

	-Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |