List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: reduce noise in lab mode
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2006-03-11 18:18:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 11 March 2006 18:27, Sara Vasquez wrote:
> hey :
> I am trying to use krita as much as  I  can, but I am still gettting
> use to it. I render 3d images in Maxwell render and there was a
> tutorial posted about reducing noise for CS2, but  I am wondering if
> there is a way to adapt it to krita.
>
> 1.)I am supposed to take the image and convert it to LAB. ( I can't
> find the option to save as, but the changelog says they made
> improvement so it must be there somewhere)

If you save as a native file (or tiff, but that's broken now), and your image
is in lab format, it's saved as lab.

> 2.) Supposed to apply the noise filter in luminosity.
>
> but I can't find the the option to export it to L A B

Image/convert image type/target image space = lab, that's all.

> so if anyone
> could tell me how to do it and if its possible to apply the noise
> filter in luminosity.

I'm not sure whether we can apply the noise filter to a single channel: I will
add that after the release. Cannot do it now because of the UI and string
freze, but it's easy enough to do.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi