List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword tabs in 3.4.2 are unusable
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2006-01-21 15:46:02

On Saturday 21 January 2006 10:19, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2006 15:07 schrieb Dave Feustel:
> > The tab feature in kword is the most unergonomic implementation
> > I have ever seen. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how I feel.
> >
> > Try inserting a tab for a dollar amount at about 1/2 inch from the left
> > margin and then enter "$75.00". If that produces what you expect
> > you understand the program better than I do.
> >
> > Dave Feustel
>
> Go to the line that needs a tab, click once on the top ruler where you want
> the tab stop, then double click, and put either a "$" or a "." character
> (whatever you prefer) into the field "On following Character:" in the
> Alignment area. Now press tab once and you're on the tab, enter your number.
> Both chars work fine for me.

That was the first thing I tried. It produced a tab marker, but tabbing
did not work as expected. In general, I am having more trouble with
Kword today than I have had in the last year. Also with kmail, where
suddenly ctl-a just did not work. Printing in Kword also stopped. But
I remembered that installing cups when printing already worked would
disable printing in kword, so I checked. Sure enough, cups was installed
again (not by me). So I pkg_deleted it and Kword printing worked immediately.
I also have been seeing strange behaviour in Konqueror rendering of borders
around frames and selected <a...> entries. All of this behaviour is completely
new as of about three days ago. The problems with Kword started today.
I have rebooted my system twice already trying to clear whatever is going
wrong.
--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"