List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword tabs in 3.4.2 are unusable
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael.langerhorst () kdemail ! net>
Date:       2006-01-21 15:19:02

Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2006 15:07 schrieb Dave Feustel:
> The tab feature in kword is the most unergonomic implementation
> I have ever seen. Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how I feel.
>
> Try inserting a tab for a dollar amount at about 1/2 inch from the left
> margin and then enter "$75.00". If that produces what you expect
> you understand the program better than I do.
>
> Dave Feustel

Go to the line that needs a tab, click once on the top ruler where you want
the tab stop, then double click, and put either a "$" or a "." character
(whatever you prefer) into the field "On following Character:" in the
Alignment area. Now press tab once and you're on the tab, enter your number.
Both chars work fine for me.

--
Raphael Langerhorst
http://raphael.g-system.at/blog/