List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: a few newbie questions
From:       Ananth A <writetoananth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 14:23:05

On 11/25/05, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
> You could use the openURL method (from KoDocumentIface),
> but loading multiple files in the same kodocument isn't recommended, so
> you should make sure to create a new one each time...

actually, what i wanted to do was to extract data from different excel
sheets and put them in a consolidated form in another excel file. we
currently do the monthly/weekly report generation using vb macros and
i wanted to see if i could replicate the same using koffice...

> I found it simpler to just launch a new instance of kspread every time,
> using dcopstart and isLoading for synchronization.
> See koffice/kspread/tests/oasis-kspread.sh for an example.

Thanks! i guess opening a seperate process is the only option to get
data like i want it... will have to experiment a bit here. :)

Thanks a lot!
Ananth