On 11/25/05, David Faure wrote: > You could use the openURL method (from KoDocumentIface), > but loading multiple files in the same kodocument isn't recommended, so > you should make sure to create a new one each time... actually, what i wanted to do was to extract data from different excel sheets and put them in a consolidated form in another excel file. we currently do the monthly/weekly report generation using vb macros and i wanted to see if i could replicate the same using koffice... > I found it simpler to just launch a new instance of kspread every time, > using dcopstart and isLoading for synchronization. > See koffice/kspread/tests/oasis-kspread.sh for an example. Thanks! i guess opening a seperate process is the only option to get data like i want it... will have to experiment a bit here. :) Thanks a lot! Ananth ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice