List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: install of KOffice on FreeBSD
From:       Gordon Gilbert <gord () angel ! eicat ! ca>
Date:       2005-11-21 11:31:51

Hi Raphael!

Thanks for your reply.  My mistake -- my version of FreeBSD is *5.3* not
5.2 -- I have had it here for quite a while, and I wouldn't dream of
installing a new version of FreeBSD myself.  I leave that to my son the
genius.

I tried installing a new copy of postgresql, and it said something about
backing up your data -- that postgresql doesn't do that.  What data are we
talking about here?  I don't want to lose something, but I'm not sure
where I should look for this data, and what to do with it.

I do have most of KDE installed here, and I figured KOffice would be an
easy install.  I do have an up-to-date ports tree -- I do a CVSup
regularly, most recently as this weekend.

At this point I just don't want to risk losing stuff with that postgresql.
Perhaps you can help.

Blessings,

Fr. Gordon+