List:       koffice
Subject:    Usage of OO.org filters?
From:       Mikhail Ramendik <mr () ramendik ! ru>
Date:       2005-07-31 8:24:18

Hello,

As KOffice now supports ODT, perhaps it could be possible to port OO.o code
for filtering (notably the MS Office formats) to KOffice? OO.org leads in MS
Office compatibility, and it's all LGPL, so why not use their work?

My interest stems from the fact that I'd like to help a peron edit MS Office
files on an older PC, where OO.org would be too slow. I really want to switch
to a Linux - Open Source solution, and KOffice would be great if MS Office
compatibility would work.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik