List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice make fails due to two errors.
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2005-06-30 15:26:10

Carlos Leonhard Woelz wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:39:07 -0500, "Benjamin Sher"
><delphi123@zebra.net> said:
>
>Hi Benjamin,
>
>There is a step by step guide with lots of information on compiling KDE
>or just a KDE module (the single module strategy) in the KDE Quality we
>site:
>
>http://quality.kde.org/develop/cvsguide/buildstep.php
>
>Cheers,
>
>Carlos Woelz

Dear Carlos:

I've just spent 15 minutes skimming through the KE Quality guide you
mentioned. It's obvious to me that this is beyond me. But I had almost
succeeded in installing Koffice. I was on the very last phase when,
after over 90 minutes, Koffice "make" failed. Isn't there a simpler way
for me to troubleshoot the problem and resolve the issue so I can run
"make" again and this time successfully. David Faure says it has to do
with kexi, with the pqxx problem. But I have libpqxx and libpqxx-devel
on my system:

[sher@localhost ~]$ rpm -q libpqxx
libpqxx-2.2.3-1.2.el4.rf
[sher@localhost ~]$ rpm -q libpqxx-devel
libpqxx-devel-2.2.3-1.2.el4.rf
[sher@localhost ~]$

So, is it possible that I dealing with a minor glitch that can be resolved?

Hope someone who knows kexi can help me resolve this.

Thank you.

Benjamin