List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Koffice almost installs
From:       Benjamin Sher <delphi123 () zebra ! net>
Date:       2005-06-30 8:59:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Tomas Mecir wrote:

>On 6/30/05, Benjamin Sher <delphi123@zebra.net> wrote:
>

>>[sher@localhost Koffice]$ ls
>>koffice-1.4.0a          libwmf-0.2.8.3         libwpd-0.8.2
>>koffice-1.4.0a.tar.bz2  libwmf-0.2.8.3.tar.gz  libwpd-0.8.2.tar.gz
>>[sher@localhost Koffice]$ '
>>

>>[sher@localhost koffice-1.4.0a]$ whereis libwv2
>>libwv2:
>>[sher@localhost koffice-1.4.0a]$ whereis libwpd
>>libwpd:
>>[sher@localhost koffice-1.4.0a]$
>>

>Hmm, this almost looks as if you didn't run "make install" after
>compiling the libraries, or that they got installed to some wrong
>directory...
>Also, the list doesn't show the Word library - libwmf is something
>else, you need libwv2.
>
>/ Tomas

You are right. I installed vmwpm, not wmwv2. They are both offerened on
the same site that SourceForge directed me to. I've just spent a half
hour looking in vain in Google for the tarball source file for libwv2.
The home page (wvware), does not have it. There are src.rpm files, but I
don't want to mess up my system. The only thing I will consider, as in
the case of Koffice itself, is installing from a pure tarball source
file. Why is it impossible to locate the source file?

Thank you.

Benjamin