List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kexi...doesn't go
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-06-17 17:53:30

Andy Choens said the following, On 2005-06-16 20:48:

> I've been playing more and more with KOffice.  Although it's got a
> little ways to go before I think it's ready for mainstream use, I am
> very impressed.
>
> I've just created a complex 25 page paper full of graphics, tables,
> and a table of contents for work, and I'm working on making a 40+
> slideshow with Kpresenter.  I like how they are quicker on my computer
> than OOo.
>
> But, I've got one niggle I can't seem to beat.  Kexi doesn't seem to
> do anything.  Kexi installed correctly (Ubuntu deb for the last beta)
> but when I try to start a new project kexi just disapears.  I ran it
> at the command line and didn't even get an error message.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  Yes, I do have sqlite installed.

IIRC it is (or was) {K}Ubuntu specific. Try:
1. another distro
2. or compiling kexi _properly_ (at least dozen people package it well)
3. or contact the distro maker about the problem

BTW, I am not sure who informed you about (regular) SQLite dependency in Kexi?
Please read your package specs for more or
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?HintsForMakingKexiPackages
If your package depends on SQLite, that's another bug.

Anyway, there's already 0.9 stable. See 3.

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team