List:       koffice
Subject:    kpresenter
From:       len () cbbs ! org
Date:       2005-06-15 6:29:01

I don't know if such a feature exists... but, Many lap tops allow X to run
dual headed... That is on the laptop as well as a monitor or other large
display. It would be so nice to be able to have the presentation show on the
external screen while having the notes for that screen show on the laptop
along with thumbnails of the slides. A controler box would be great too. I am
using kpresenter to put song lyrics on a large screen. It would be great have
the chord chart (or music chart... but that is a graphic note) on my screen
as well as thumbnails so I could skip to the screen I want. It would be nice
to be able to organize sets of slides into songs or chapters so I could fast
forward to the next chapter without showing all the slids in between. Once
you have gone that far.... a next slide preview would allow it to be used as
a video titler as well. (I think one would need a frame store to make things
sync right anyway and that would probably do the same thing, so I am not sure
how useful slide preview would be.) However, a remote control such as a foot
switch to move to the next or last screen would be useful.... But that should
be something I could do with X input devices anyway right now.

If there is already a way to do some of these things now.... could it be added
to the FAQ?

I know that this is probably not the best email to send to, but it is the one
on the FAQ page.

Thankyou for any help.....

Len
len@cbbs.org