List:       koffice
Subject:    kspread question
From:       "Corey" <corey_s () qwest ! net>
Date:       2005-05-09 1:19:24

Hello!

I'm very new to kspread and spreadsheets in general... and I could really use
a little help in understanding something. I hope someone can bear with me and
help me out - I appreciate your time!

What I'm doing is creating a new spreadsheet that keeps track of all the hosts
on a small network, the data I'm keeping on each host is as follows:

ip address
mac address
operating system
[port, service, version]

Each host will have a varying number of ports.

What I'm having difficulty with, is understanding if/how I could _associate_
the 'service' and 'version' cells with their respective 'port' cell. And
likewise, do I need to somehow group together the other cells/data for each
individual host so that they always operate as a single entity?

Does this make any sense?

Remember I'm totally new to spreadsheets, so I may not be thinking in the
correct terms. I come from a programming background, so I'm thinking in terms
of programming and databases; perhaps they don't relate/correspond to
spreadsheet paradigm?

Many thanks!