List:       koffice
Subject:    installation, problems with lib64,
From:       "Sueveges Gyoergy" <georg () etixpert ! com>
Date:       2005-04-28 17:08:55

Hi all,

  I keep trying to install koffice 1.3.5 under suse 9.2 without success.
the following error comes at make all.

/opt/kde3/lib/libkio.so: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
(by the way there was "not found" problem with /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.la,
libfreetype.la, but I created the appropriate symlinks to their 64bit
version, but in this kde case, there are 32bit version, and also 64 bit
version of libkio.so)

But we have 64 bit processors, so it should be lib64 and not lib,
shouldn't it?
I tried to set different switches at configre, but no success:
  ./configure --enable-lib64 --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib64

I've already tried  to set the LDFLAGS to -L/usr/lib64 (is it ok?) but
always the same, Can I tell the make how to take the /opt/kde3/lib64
instead of lib?

Thnx
  George