List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord : margins and gutters (again?)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-07-15 15:17:29

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 18:48, Marc Heyvaert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Perhaps this has been asked before, in which case I
> appologize for the unnecessary traffic...:)
>
> The margins in the standard templates are really very
> small in KWord, only 1 cm or so. Also, when you choose
> a two-collumn layout, the gutter is practically
> non-existent...So I find myself regularly setting page
> margins (to 2cm all around) and gutter width (to
> 0,5cm). (I should really make my own templates....)
>
> I just wondered if there was a special reason for this
> choice, or if the templates should be revamped...

Revamping should be done for KOffice 1.4, but as long as OASIS is not the
default format (yet) and that it has stabilized a little, I do not think that
it is worth the effort.

(If I remember well, there is even a bug report about such a problem. I have
not the bug number at hand.)

> Marc

Have a nice day!

(...)