List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: H E L P
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-03 10:45:15

Hello,

I'm also a SuSE 8.2 user.

--- as824 <as824@get2net.dk> wrote:

> Last night I downloaded the last version of koffice.
> I have a Suse 8.2 with
> koffice 1.2.1. Therefore I thought maybe I can
> upgrade my koffice. When I
> tried to install the new koffice i got the below
> message :

If you are still on a fairly standard SuSE 8.2
installation the best rout for you to upgrade is to
use the rpm packages from the SuSE site
http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/linuks/index.html

Chose 8.2 and then

Be sure to upgrade everything from "KDE base packages"
and then whatever you want from the applications. You
will find KOffice there.

To upgrade the best way is to download all the
packages into a special subdirectory. Then change the
source for sofware upgrades (you find that in the SuSE
workmenu) and start "install and remove software". All
the packages that can be upgraded will be in blue.
Check them (the symbol will change) and install. If
you have conflicts it may be necessary to download
some more packages first and restart this proces).

If you want to install (and compile for yourself) the
latest unstable version of KOffice, you should read
the release notes
(http://www.koffice.org/releases/1.3.1-release.php)
and the following pages first :

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+KOffice+Step+by+Step