List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: remember window size -- kword
From:       Darren Crotchett <koffice () usmstudent ! com>
Date:       2004-06-02 21:11:26

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 02:50 pm, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 June 2004 19:18, Darren Crotchett wrote:
> > I am using kword 1.3 on kde 3.2 branch >= 20040204.
> >
> > How can I make it remember the last size it was for the next time it is
> > opened?
>
> This is supposed to happen automatically.
> This is KWord standalone, not KOffice Workspace, right? Only one window?
> At the same X resolution everytime?

Yes to all of those questions.

> If you open ~/.kde/share/config/kwordrc you should see the width and height
> stored there, in the [MainWindow] group.

Interesting.  I have no "[MainWindow]" group in that file.  I can send you a
copy if you like.  I am using Mandrake 10 Community.

Thanks for your assistance.

Darren

P.S.  I recognize your name from something that I've read.  So, since I have
your ear, I would like to take the opportunity to tell you (and all of the
developers) what a fantastic job you all are doing on KDE.  It is absolutely
amazing work.  It is beautiful and functional.  You guys are the best.  I
can't say enough nice things.  One day, maybe I can contribute back (I am a
CS major).