List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: The real reason for an OASIS database?
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () mclink ! it>
Date:       2004-05-23 16:44:30

On Sun, May 23, 2004 15:47:28 PM +0200, David Faure (faure@kde.org) wrote:

> But the problem of standardizing the file format for such
> applications is there indeed.

OK, now we are talking!

> Once kexi matures, I would like it very much if the kexi authors
> could look into defining a file format that uses as much as possible
> of the current Oasis spec and builds upon it to add support for
> databases.

Does this mean that there *are* OASIS spec for a database file format?
Where?

> But I expect that the OO.o guys will do that too, if they are indeed
> developing such an application themselves, so maybe we'll only have
> to check that we can model all of kexi's features with it.

So far, the feedback on the OO.o discuss list feels like most people
simply had never thought about this before (as it seems to be the case
even here). On the other hand, it's just sunday, so hopefully they'll
come back soon to prove me wrong.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Non � il concetto di intelligenza extraterrestre a essere difficile da
afferrare. E' il concetto opposto che incontra resistenze. I. Asimov.