List:       koffice
Subject:    THANKS for converting presentation for a Linux meeting
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-03-31 22:37:06

Hello,

as announced here, last saturday I presented the RULE project in my
signature to a Linux lab in Tuscany (www.linuxatwork.info/lidap/).
Since I couldn't install KOffice 1.3 on any box available, only
KOffice 1.2, I had asked if anybody could convert this:

 http://www.rule-project.org/download/rule_asparis_2003_ICT.sxi

to a KOffice 1.2 useable format, put it online somewhere and let me
know the URL. David Faure and Percy Leonhardt were so kind to do it,
and thanks to them everything went well.

I wrote an updated version of that RULE slide show in italian with
KOffice 1.2. I had also installed RH9 with slinky 0.3.96, and KOffice
1.2, on my laptop (133 MHz Pentium, 32 MB of RAM, 700 MB available
disk space). Saturday I gave my talk without problems with KPresenter
on that laptop!

Thanks again for your help! I'll post snapshots of that machine later
on the RULE web site. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Ciao,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Technology is legislation          -- C. Einfeldt on OO.o discuss list