List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: powerpoint
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-03-25 22:59:07

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 11:12, supranormale wrote:
> I'm Johan, student from Belgium. I would like have your help is it's
> possible. I would like use koffice librairies (olefilters) inside my
> application, but I don't know how use your code, cause I don't understand
> that you don't use name of file in your constructor
> (powerpoint('myfile.ppt')) Maybe you can help me, this is really important.

As far as I can understand when taking a quick glance over the code, the
Powerpoint class only decodes the Powerpoint OLE stream, not the full
Powerpoint file.

And as far as I can remember the olefilter is one big filter that uses some
kinds of sub-filters for each type of OLE streams.

May be you can get more information about the KOffice filter system in
http://www.koffice.org/developer/filters

Also be aware that the Powerpoint import filter is currently rated with just
one star, meaning that it is barely usable
(see http://www.koffice.org/filters/1.2 )

(...)