List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Spell checking inactive in KWord 1.3
From:       "M. Fioretti" <m.fioretti () inwind ! it>
Date:       2004-02-15 22:30:10

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 22:57:43 PM +0100, io (m.fioretti@inwind.it) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have compiled KOffice 1.3 with (I believe) spell checking support. I
> installed the latest aspell version (0.50 IIRC), and config.log
> contains what I pasted at the end. In spite of this, nothing happens
> when I choose Tools -> Spellcheck -> "Spelling..." In kword nothing
> happens. It doesn't matter if text is highlighted, etc...
> What should I check next?

Some more info.
For the record, doing the same thing in KSpread, I get an error
window saying:

ISpell could not be started.
Please make sure you have ISpell properly configured and in your PATH.

"which ispell (not ISpell)" gives /usr/bin/ispell. aspell is also
installed. The spelling configuration panel in Kword says it is set to
use aspell, but when I press the OK or Apply buttons, I get the
message:

"The font 'symbol' is missing. Do you want to change the font style
anyway? <Continue> or <Cancel>"

Nothing happens or changes in both cases.

Comments?

TIA,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi