List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: users book about KOffice
From:       "Eugene Nine" <enine () ninefamily ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 14:58:42

I think an outline mode should be easy to write/emulate with text frames, I haven't \
tried it out yet, but if that would work that could be a paragraph/page/chapter of a \
book on how to do it.  Simply have a frame for each level of outline.  I would like \
to recomend that we do write the book in Kword, kind of like the old Borland standard \
(did they start that or was it even before them) of the compiler needing to be able \
to compile itsself, Kword/Koffice should be fully capable of handeling a project as \
large as a book about Koffice.  Or possibly build a Kpublisher app which is a front \
end to the Kparts which allows more flexibility in a document than each individual \
part.

The next question would be to make a book open source or not.  I have seen a few like \
that, Oreilly is an example, a few of thier books are prints of documentation freely \
available online, your simply paying for the paper in your hand and their time to \
print and bind it.  Would it be wise to allow the book to be open source and freely \
available on the web but available from publishers for a fee?  If so do we want to \
keep it in a docbook like the KDE help files?  How much of the help files do we want \
to duplicate?

Eugene Nine