List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: users book about KOffice
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2004-01-29 12:12:10

Hello!

I quite agree with John that a book can be written parallel to the development
of the application. Especially if the people writing the book are involved in
the development. Then it would be possible to publish the book very soon
after the new version of the application appears - and then you have a book
covering the current version.

And the more mature an application gets the less it changes in its basic form.
So the book would be usable for two years or more - depending on how much
user visible changes are made to the app.

Of course if you wait until the app gets out and THEN write a book, it would
be of less use.

A reason for me to have a (new) book about KOffice would be the file format
move to OOo - which means great compatibility - and the fact that KOffice is
ready for real use and has only here and there a rough edge. So if the book
is started now it will probably be ready with the next version of KOffice
which then already has native OOo file format (it is planned for KPresenter
<-> OOo Impress, KWord <-> OOo Writer and KSpread <-> OOo Calc). Besides a
lot of other improvements of course.

greetings,
Raphael