List:       koffice
Subject:    Problem importing MsWord documents in Kword
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2004-01-13 16:28:12

Hello,

I'm using the KWord package in Debian unstable (KWord 1.2.95 using KDE 3.1.5
and libwv2 0.2.1) and KWord freezes importing most of my MsWord files. From
the command line this error is repeated many times

ASSERT: "bottom > top" in ../../kword/kwframelayout.cc (492)
ASSERT: "top < bottom" in ../../kword/kwframelayout.cc (244)

The Gui freeze and I have to kill KWord.

I have send one file some times ago to David Faure who had no problem opening
it on his computer. I'm wondering if the problem comes from a weird
configuration problem or the Debian packages.

I've put a test file at : http://mvdlugt.nerim.net/KDE/

Cheers,
Charles
--