List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord 1.3 Beta Kerning Problems
From:       Dik Takken <D.H.J.Takken () phys ! uu ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-03 15:39:50

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, David Faure wrote:

> On Wednesday 03 December 2003 14:45, Dik Takken wrote:
> > Does anyone have explanations for this behavior?
> Yes
> > Is anyone working on this?
> Not in the short term.
>
> Sigh... here we go again...
> (pasting an earlier answer)

<snap>

Yes, I know that WYSIWYG is very difficult if you don't have direct access
to the glyphs and so on. But my question is not about what you see, but
about what you get.

On system A, the kerning of the "what you get" is
having big problems. In fact, the postscript output of KWord has the exact
same problems as the on-screen rendering of the original KWord document,
which - I guess - it shouldn't have.

On System B, the postscript output is perfect.

Cheers,

Dik