List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: karbon
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-11-26 23:40:22

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 20:01, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Michael Thaler wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 01:11:44PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> >>The best would be to create our own Postscript generator. But, as
> >> written before, this means that we would have to support all
> >> font problems and that is not easy (i.e. needs much manpower to
> >> do it correctly plus developers knowing the subject, especially
> >> East Asian fonts.)
> >
> > Does scribus use its own postscript generator? Maybe the code
> > from scribus can be used?
>
> And, IIUC, we are free to borrow anything which we want from the
> SUN PostScript driver that comes with OpenOffice.  We do agree
> don't we that the PostScript driver in OO is better than the Qt
> one?

IMHO, if it is going to be considered, them scribus PS generation
should be closely watched also. If the postscript generation is to be
changed, you (I am to absent here to feel all right saying  "we")
better pick up the best option out there

> We are at an advantage there because the KDE project can do this
> but Troll Tech might have a problem.  They could put it in the free
> version but might have to purchase a license to put in the
> commercial version.  I'm not a GPL expert so I don't know -- they
> should ask their lawyers and the FSF.
Hmm...I don't know. Under which license does OO comes in? Scribus is
GPLed, afaik.

> --
> JRT

	JS