List:       koffice
Subject:    Alpha Debian Woody - Koffice lost
From:       Mark Abreu <mark () gags-r-us ! org>
Date:       2003-11-09 17:37:20

I'm a rookie who's been installing and re-installing Debian Woody on
an Alpha workstation to learn the process and something about Linux.

I've done CD installs and network installs using the US Debian FTP
site as a source.  I end up with a version of KDE that works and it
includes Koffice.  The only problem I've been having is that the
version of Konqueror I have (2.2.2 I think) hangs as I use it as a
file manager to do some looking around.  I have to kill the process
and Konqueror won't start again until I log out and back in.  I
figure that maybe a newer version of KDE is in order.  So I add the
following apt source:

http://download.kde.org/stable/3.1.4/Debian stable main

KDE is magically upgraded but I lose Koffice in the process.  When I
solve some conflict problem.  So far I've had to give up and
re-install.

I'm thinking there must be some dependency problem with the apt
source I added.  I'd like to fix this as I don't want to live with a
broken, old version of Konqueror.  Any advice would be appreciated.