List:       koffice
Subject:    kword on gentoo/freebsd behaves very strangly for me.
From:       Jeff MacDonald <jeff () interchange ! ca>
Date:       2003-11-05 2:14:50

Hi,

This situation is a bit confusing, so read carefully.

Nelson = Freebsd 5.1 box
-bash-2.05b$ kword -v
Qt: 3.1.2
KDE: 3.1.2
KWord: 1.2.1

Millhouse = Gentoo box.
[bignose@milhouse:~] kword -v
Qt: 3.1.2
KDE: 3.1.4
KWord: 1.2.1

---

My roommate composed a 45 page document in kword on NELSON.

I transfered it up to my machine, Millhouse, and opened the
document in Kword.

When I opened the document, all of the text was scramled,
indents were changes, page breaks were not consistant etc..

Fine good enough.

So to save running up and down stairs, I enabled SSH X11
Forwarding. I sshed to Nelson FROM Millhouse, and started kword.
I opened up the document and to my suprise, it didn't look the
same as if i was sitting infront of Nelson, it looked like as if
i was in front of millhouse with a local version of kword.
What's up with that ?

In any case, i need to get this document into a usable format
besides kword. ANd when I use kword to save as abiword, abiword
doesn't even read it :(

It's quite annoying.

Thanks folks

Jeff MacDonald.