Hi, This situation is a bit confusing, so read carefully. Nelson = Freebsd 5.1 box -bash-2.05b$ kword -v Qt: 3.1.2 KDE: 3.1.2 KWord: 1.2.1 Millhouse = Gentoo box. [bignose@milhouse:~] kword -v Qt: 3.1.2 KDE: 3.1.4 KWord: 1.2.1 --- My roommate composed a 45 page document in kword on NELSON. I transfered it up to my machine, Millhouse, and opened the document in Kword. When I opened the document, all of the text was scramled, indents were changes, page breaks were not consistant etc.. Fine good enough. So to save running up and down stairs, I enabled SSH X11 Forwarding. I sshed to Nelson FROM Millhouse, and started kword. I opened up the document and to my suprise, it didn't look the same as if i was sitting infront of Nelson, it looked like as if i was in front of millhouse with a local version of kword. What's up with that ? In any case, i need to get this document into a usable format besides kword. ANd when I use kword to save as abiword, abiword doesn't even read it :( It's quite annoying. Thanks folks Jeff MacDonald. ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice