List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Stille struggling to compile Koffice
From:       Marc Heyvaert <marc_heyvaert () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 9:25:54

Hello David, Nicolas,

Thanks for all the info that you gave me so far..

Suse puts all the KDE stuff in /opt/kde3

>From your comments it was clear that I had problems
pointing to the right directories. To be absolutely
sure that there was nothing wrong with the compilation
itself, I tried this morning to compil with
prefix=/opt/kde3...and this worked!

I realized that I created the /home/march/usr
subdirectory only to put this developement version of
Koffice in, so it isn't included in my PATH variable
and. I am new to linux, so some very basic things
aren't very clear for me, but I gather that

1. I have to set my path to the ..../bin directory in
which the executables reside?

2. Do the same for the ...../lib? Through LD_ or
something (I don't have Nicolas mail here)?

3. Set KDEDIRS to point to all KDE directories?

I am now compiling the beta version with
--prefix=usr/local, because from the /etc/profile file
I know it to be in my PATH and afterwards I'll try to
compile the snapshot with --prefix=/home/march/usr. I
hope it will work. It is a bit frustrating to be
wanting to make some contribution to koffice and not
being able to even get the beta working :-( ...But
learning all the time.

Marc