Hello David, Nicolas, Thanks for all the info that you gave me so far.. Suse puts all the KDE stuff in /opt/kde3 >From your comments it was clear that I had problems pointing to the right directories. To be absolutely sure that there was nothing wrong with the compilation itself, I tried this morning to compil with prefix=/opt/kde3...and this worked! I realized that I created the /home/march/usr subdirectory only to put this developement version of Koffice in, so it isn't included in my PATH variable and. I am new to linux, so some very basic things aren't very clear for me, but I gather that 1. I have to set my path to the ..../bin directory in which the executables reside? 2. Do the same for the ...../lib? Through LD_ or something (I don't have Nicolas mail here)? 3. Set KDEDIRS to point to all KDE directories? I am now compiling the beta version with --prefix=usr/local, because from the /etc/profile file I know it to be in my PATH and afterwards I'll try to compile the snapshot with --prefix=/home/march/usr. I hope it will work. It is a bit frustrating to be wanting to make some contribution to koffice and not being able to even get the beta working :-( ...But learning all the time. Marc __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Exclusive Video Premiere - Britney Spears http://launch.yahoo.com/promos/britneyspears/ ____________________________________ koffice mailing list koffice@mail.kde.org To unsubscribe please visit: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice