List:       koffice
Subject:    The new GIMP (was) Re: karbon being DPI based (was karbon)
From:       "Joao S. O. Bueno" <gwidion () mpc ! com ! br>
Date:       2003-10-24 10:08:48

On Friday 24 October 2003 6:38 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:

(...)
> > I am not, no, you obviously forgot to mention that your claim was
> > not based on the widely known version, but on one that is not
> > stable yet. The funny thing is that your claim that GIMP (new
> > style) has control of DPI is also true for the one the broad
> > public is known with; so I am really interrested what that new
> > path is that the GIMP went into, and how that reflects your
> > claims at all.
>
> I thought that anyone that professed to know as much as you would
> know that they are adding some vector support to The GIMP.
> Actually, the current version has some vector support already
> ("Paths")

Hello.
I am following The GIMP development,and would like to correct some
misleadings here.
Actually, the vector support being added to the GIMP is not that much.
It could not be called a "vector app" at all.

What is included is vastly better support to the paths already in
existence - mainly to the interface, and the ability to export them
to, and import them from, SVG files.

SO, although it is possible to make a vector drawing in the GIMP by
sketching each object wanted with a solid color, selecting by color,
and converting selection to path, it is a  clunky way to do so.

Regards,

	JS
	-><-