List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KDE does not recognice KWord docs
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2003-09-27 18:25:26

On Saturday 27 September 2003 19:44, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:22:38PM +0200, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Then I suppose that you can add a second set. I would document why there
> > are two sets, before someone deletes again one of them.
>
> Added.
>
> THis kzip thing; is it KDe or KOffice. And is the new koffice able to run
> with kde 3.1 branch?

It is part of KDE. KZip 3.1 will simply generate "fat"-based data, KZip 3.2
will give "unx" ones.

The problem is that the problemthat you got will happen for user of KOffice
1.2.x on KDE 3.1.x.

> In other words; is it useful to backport the additions for a kde 3.1.5 ?

No, sure. I cannot remember if KOffice 1.2.x had its own KZip (named KoZip) or
not. So I do not know if the change has to be done if KDE 3.1.x or in KOffice
1.2.x.

But in any case, I am really starting to ask me if for the last KOffice-own
file format it is useful to have again a subtle change. However this would
mean to force KZip 3.2 to be able to write in the "fat" modus, either on
command or simply for uncompressed files.

Have a nice day!