List:       koffice
Subject:    --no-undefined in libkexidb
From:       Kevin Puetz <puetzk () puetzk ! org>
Date:       2003-08-30 20:48:47

This is causing koffice (HEAD) to fail to build for me... but I'm not sure
what fix is wanted so I won't commit either.

libkexidb (kexi/kexiDB/Makefile.am) is using --no-undefined in it's LDFLAGS
this means it has to link all the libraries it needs, rather than count on
the user to provide those

so, it either needs to add $(LIB_KIO) $(LIB_KDEUI) $(LIB_KDECORE) $(LIB_QT)
to it's LIBADD or remove the use use of --no-undefined (no idea why this
flag was added in June, so I don't know which solution is correct). I also
don't know why nobody else has spotted this (I don't build koffice very
often, I admit). Maybe --no-undefined doesn't actually work on some libtool
versions so it went undetected?

I read this list via NNTP, so for quicker responses make sure to CC me via
email.