List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kspread: translation and localization items
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-01 16:01:53

> msgid "ISOWEEKNUM(blah) returns foo"
> msgstr ""
> It's not very explicative  ;-)
Yes. Indeed we can use something like "ISOWEEKNUM(A1) returns 51 when A1
is 21st of Dec".

> parse or parsec?
parsec is the correct one.

> "The VAR() function estimates the variance ..." or
> "The VAR() function calculates the estimated variance ..." ?
The former sounds better (native speaker, please speak up). But the
latter makes the description analog to the other functions.

> TRUE and FALSE are often used as arguments or results of functions.
> If i translate them in VERO and FALSO, what happens?
> The program is able to manage them properly or we have to
> modify localization too?
> Actually we meet some trouble, may be because current translation
> isn't complete, for instance
> NOT(vero) -> parse error
> NOT(true) = Falso
No temporary workaround for this problem.
See http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=105707500621678&w=2

And most important thing: I can change some of the help text (like
ISOWEEK) mentioned above. But now KOffice is freeze so it's up to our
release coordinator. Lukᨠ?

--
Ariya Hidayat
http://ont.uni-paderborn.de (Research)