List:       koffice
Subject:    Kspread: translation and localization items
From:       a.celli () jumpy ! it
Date:       2003-06-26 16:26:55

Hi I'm working to italian translation, then i'm reading all messages
in kspread.po and I've som trouble
can you help me?

1)
#: xml_doc.cc:331
msgid "ISOWEEKNUM(blah) returns foo"
msgstr ""

It's not very explicative  ;-)

2)
#: xml_doc.cc:365
msgid ""
"Supported distance units: m (meter), in (inch), ft (feet), mi (mile), Nmi
"
"(nautical mile), ang (Angstrom), parse, lightyear."

parse or parsec?

3)
#: xml_doc.cc:1461
msgid "The VAR() function calculates the estimates variance based on a sample."
msgstr ""

"The VAR() function estimates the variance ..." or
"The VAR() function calculates the estimated variance ..." ?

4) the last but not the least ;-)

TRUE and FALSE are often used as arguments or results of functions.
If i translate them in VERO and FALSO, what happens?
The program is able to manage them properly or we have to
modify localization too?

Actually we meet some trouble, may be because current translation
isn't complete, for instance
NOT(vero) -> parse error
NOT(true) = Falso

bye, Andrea Celli