List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kspread - big usability issues
From:       Philipp =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=FCller?= <philipp.mueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2003-06-04 11:29:17

> It is my believe that using dollar signs before a variable makes it
> 'stick'
>  so
> copying does not alter it.
> It seems wierd that cut _does_ alter those values as well.

Yes it seems, but if you look from a different perspective then this
behaviour makes sense.
Just compare cut/paste with drag&drop and then it's clear, that if you d&d a
cell. then you intend that formulas are kept including the d&d'ed cell.
It's arguable if cut&p should be equal to d&d and not like cut&p equal to
copy&p.
But as the other spreadsheet apps use this definition, I'm fine with it.

The downside here, is that the current implementation doesn't make it easy
to differenciate between cut&paste, copy&paste and d&d, as there is currently
one paste opperation only.

Philipp