List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: koffice spreadsheet
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-05-12 13:56:34

On poniedziałek 12 maja 2003 18:14, you wrote:
> Mr. Grobelny;
>
> Hope this is of some help to you . . .

I forwarded your message to koffice mailing list. Please post all your replies
there.

> Kword does save to floppy. The error in question appears to be unique to
> the Koffice Spread Sheet.
>
> There is an error msg
>
> "ERROR SAVING THE DOCUMET WEATHER-03.SXC
> NON EXISTANT OBJECT
> NON EXISTANT FILE
> OK"
>
> Note: Once the file has been "Copy"ied and "Past"ed to the floppy, you
> still get the same error msg but the file is then copied to the floppy.

maybe this is some KDE related bug/misconfiguration (in which case you should
post to kde-users)... Does it happen for all user accounts on your system?
For all floppies? For all documents? For all file formats?

> >> At present the only "work a round" is to exit the software, out to the
> >> user window, then copy and paste the file to the floppy.
> >
> >How do you copy the file? Using mtools or mounting the diskette?
>
> The file(s) are copied by way of > Copy - MNT - Paste
> to both the diskette and to Windows.

Did you try copying from command line? (cp /your/source/file.sxc
/mnt/floppy/destinationfile.sxc) Are there any errors in such a case?

Tomek