List:       koffice
Subject:    Fwd: Re: koffice spreadsheet
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2003-05-12 13:40:28

Subject: Re: koffice spreadsheet
Date: poniedziałek 12 maja 2003 18:14
From: <vailima@chilitech.net>
To: grotk@poczta.onet.pl

Mr. Grobelny;

Hope this is of some help to you . . .

>Subject: Re: koffice spreadsheet
>   From: 	Tomasz Grobelny <grotk@poczta.onet.pl>
>   Date: 	Sun, 11 May 2003 20:10:46 +0200
>     To: 	For discussion about KOffice <koffice@mail.kde.org>,
>	<vailima@chilitech.net>, koffice@kde.org
>
>On niedziela 11 maja 2003 22:54, vailima@chilitech.net wrote:
>> Ladies and Gentlemen;
>>
>> Possible "Bug"
>>
>> Has anyone yet notified you of a possible bug with regard to the Koffice
>> Spreadsheet,one involving the refusal of the program to save to a floppy
>> diskette?
>
>Are you sure that the problem is KSpread specific? Does saving to floppy
> work in KWord or kate?

Kword does save to floppy. The error in question appears to be unique to the
 Koffice Spread Sheet.

>> While there may be other "bugs" with regard to the software in question,
>> this is one which I'm sure is not operater generated.
>>
>> I use the Koffice spreadsheet daily, to log in for example, weather
>> conditions and typical of such usage it is normal by way of MNT to back up
>> all such files to a floppy and to the Windows section of the hard drive.
>> In the case of the floppy the software simply will not record onto the
>> diskette. Attempts to back up the file by way of MNT to the Windows
>> section of the hard drive present no problems.
>
>Is there any error message? Have you clicked floppy at the left side of
> "Save as..." dialog or tried to write to /mnt/floppy (usually the place
> where floppy is mounted)? If the later, was the diskette properly mounted?

There is an error msg

"ERROR SAVING THE DOCUMET WEATHER-03.SXC
NON EXISTANT OBJECT
NON EXISTANT FILE
OK"

Note: Once the file has been "Copy"ied and "Past"ed to the floppy, you still
 get the same error msg but the file is then copied to the floppy.

>> At present the only "work a round" is to exit the software, out to the
>> user window, then copy and paste the file to the floppy.
>
>How do you copy the file? Using mtools or mounting the diskette?

The file(s) are copied by way of > Copy - MNT - Paste
to both the diskette and to Windows.