List:       koffice
Subject:    Kword and function keys
From:       Chris Osicki <chris () osk ! ch>
Date:       2003-05-03 22:17:54

Hi,

I noticed a strange behavior of Kword in regard to how it interprets
keyboard. It looks like its view of the keyboard differs from the
X-server's one.
I use on my PC a Sun keyboard which has "additional" function keys on
the left hand site. I can "xmodmap" them and I use them under X or KDE
(assigned some of them to functions in Sawfish or applications like
Emacs).
It looks like Kword has its own view of what a keycode should
translate to.
In other words, it looks like it takes keycodes and does the
translation itself. So, X-server translates keycode 125 to keysym
0x1005ff72, SunCopy, for Kword it is an undefined keystroke.

Is it bug or feature? Is there any way to change this behavior?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Chris