List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Playing with KSpread
From:       Norbert Andres <nandres () web ! de>
Date:       2003-03-31 19:56:07

On Monday 31 March 2003 21:12, Daniel Engelschalt wrote:
> [...]
>
> > That would mean we have to calculate "On the fly" during dragging. Right
> > now we don't do that... I will think about this... (Is Excel able to do
>
> that?)
> yes - it can do it - it's shown kind of tooltip.
That's kind of a good motivation. I will put it on my TODO list - won't be too
hard to do. However, it is not one of my high priority items, so if somebody
else wants to give it a try - feel free :-) I won't start before beta1 is
out.

> [...]
> > > shows up as e.g. "10.5" and then it gets "10,5". so i think it's just a
> > > forgotten feature ;)
> >
> > I think it was ment to be a real feature. This has been in there since
> > the very beginning I think. Do find this annoying? It is more convenient
> > isn't it?
>
> i find it convinient that it automagically converts the dot to a comma. so
> it would be logical if you same behavior in percent-formated cells too (and
> for fast typing of masses of number it should always be done via the
> numpad).
Ah, I see what you mean. Well yes, that would be worth of thinking of
implementing it. Do you know a little c++? That would be a nice start,
wouldn't it? (If you need any help here, feel free to write me privately:-)

Regards :-)
Norbert