List:       koffice
Subject:    Help for Lycoris Desktop/LX
From:       "Robert Norton" <rbnorton () email ! com>
Date:       2003-03-07 1:57:10

Dear Sir,

My name is Robert Norton and I am a volunteer working with the Lycoris Community \
(www.lycoris.org). I have reason to believe that you may be able to greatly assist us \
and would like to beg your indulgence for a short time.

As you may be aware, Lycoris' Desktop/LX product is still running KDE 2.2.2, and we \
are therefore unable to deliver the latest KOffice version to our users. While this \
is usually OK in terms of functionality, we do have one major stumbling block that we \
are trying to address: we would like to be able to have KOffice open Rich Text Format \
(RTF) files, which cannot be done in the version we are using.

I understand that there is a working 1.1.x version of the missing import filter, and \
I would be most interested in finding the patch for KWord which adds in this \
functionality.

As KWord is bundled with Desktop/LX as the primary word processing program, it is a \
hindrance to be unable to work with files that have been saved in this file format, \
and we are trying to correct this limitation. I would greatly appreciate it if you \
are able to help us in this regard. Should you be unable to, I would appreciate some \
advice as to what our next step might be.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Norton

---
Robert B. Norton