List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2003-03-03 12:18:57

Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> I can confirm the bug (on KDE 3.1.x.)
>
> KWord, KPresenter and KSpread have it. KChart has not. I have not tested the
> other KOffice applications.
>
> Have a nice day/evening/night!
>

> > > While messing around with this I have noticed that there is a bug in
> > > kwords kdeprint dialog usage.
> > >
> > > If I print from kedit I get under the printer property dialog a choice of
> > > paper size for most printer systems.
> > >
> > > But under kword I only get the page size if I use cups and then use the
> > > properies->driversettings and then choose ok. Then I have to reopen the
> > > print dialog for the paper size list to be initialized.
> > >
> > > I dont think this should happen.
> >
> > Michael?

(See bug report #55416). Basically, with the agreement of koffice
developers (especially David), we decided to disable the page size
selection if the application set the page size explicitely, like
KWord, KSpread... This has been done to avoid a mismatch (and
confusion) between the page size selected in the print dialog, and
the one defined in the application. The same for the paper
orientation. The idea was simple: let the application defines size
and orienation to KDEPrint and don't let the user change it, to
avoid confusing the application.
For me, it's not a problem to revert the changes made at that time,
the question is more what's best, and what the koffice developers
think.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM