List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Page sizes not consistent with ghostscript
From:       Mr E_T <troll () logi ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-02-24 14:57:37

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, David Faure wrote:

> --[PinePGP]--------------------------------------------------[begin]--
> On Sunday 23 February 2003 14:58, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Ooh, sorry, I missed that KPrinter unlike QPrinter can not do custom sizes. So
> > KWord has perhaps a user interface for custom size pages but in fact it is
> > unsupported.
>
> Huh? Never realized that.... are you 100% sure?
> What is the actual problem, in fact? - I mean, if you print on an envelope with
> a correct page size in KWord, why would it matter if kdeprint/QPrinter think
> it's an A4 page, as long as the topleft corner is correctly positioned?
It matters if the page is formatted to fit stuff into boxes such as the
postcode into the little boxes for automatic sorting.

It also affects the positioning on the paper.
Plus ghostscript tends to position the picture in different places on a larger
page depending on settings top left, top centre, centered....

It is not that easy to predict from printer to printer.

When ghostscript thinks the paper is correct - it prints beutifly.
But problems occur when the paper sizes dont mach.

--
regs MR E_T